Gradam Phádraig Uí Chuanacháin
Pádraig Uí Chuanacháin was a founding member of Gael-Taca in 1987 and he was also heavily involved in founding Irish primary schools in Cork City and County. Pádraig firmly believed that Irish should be seen by pupils outside the classroom and he encouraged businesses to make Irish visible. The language experienced a growth and development at that stage and Gael-Taca have been following Pádraigs example ever since. Pádraig’s death was a huge loss not only for his family and the Irish speaking community but to the country as a whole.
This award will be presented to the company or business that most promotes the Irish language. There are various ways of using Irish in business. It can be used on internet websites, advertising, signage or information leaflets.
Gael-Taca are available to help and advise anyone wishing to use the language.
People in Cork are very favourable towards the language and it can be very useful in marketing. This is your chance to harness that goodwill.
In relation to using Irish, research conducted shows that:
• Using Irish in Business is a Differentiator
• Using Irish in Business Provides Access to New Markets
• Using Irish in Business Enhances a Company’s Reputation
• Using Irish in Business is both Cost-Effective and Easy to Implement
So why would you use the Irish Language in your business?
• Commercial Benefits- differentiates your products and services from those of your competitors by creating a memorable customer experience. Provides access to new markets (With over 7,000 Students attending Gaelscoileanna in Cork)
• Branding Benefits- highlights the ethnicity and origins of goods (Irish, Local, Community)
• “Irishness” is a modern twist and alternative to ‘Shamrocks’
• The ‘Public Relations’ benefits derived from using Irish in business cover everything from customer to industry recognition and awards.
• Out of 1,000 repsondents 60% are in favour of the increased visibilty of Irish in advertising and marketing
• 224,102 People speak Irish in Cork (Census2011)
• 27 Gaelscoileanna in Cork
The Irish in Business Awards Ceremony will take place on the 18th of November in the Metropole Hotel at our annual social evening!